Monday, October 14, 2013

The Prayer

So over the next few days my mind will be filled with New Testament study as I prepare for my first exam. But I received much encouragement tonight from a friend who said they read this, so I want to write things out in my life even as I am studying. Sundays excellent sermon in church was from the LORD's prayer from the book of Luke. This got me thinking what my prayers look like and even what a prayer from my life today would look like written down. So here it goes.

Perfect Father, thank You for who You are.
Thanks for the ways I saw you working today in my life even in this broken world.
Father your grace and mercy were evident everywhere today, so thank you for allowing me to see it
and I pray that you would open my eyes to see more tomorrow.

Father, your love is great
and thank you for loving me today even when I hurt you in my sin.
Thank you for allowing me to love others in a simple form like the way you love me
and I pray that you can give me more courage and patience tomorrow to love even more people through you

Father you know I stumble and fall a lot
so I pray that you will forgive me of the ways and hurts that I have committed to you.
thank you for the joy you have in me as you forgive me and purify me
and I pray to that I can find the joy in forgiveness of others.

Father, thank you for the ways that you provide for me in my needs even before I know them
and thank you for the ways you are already meeting my needs tomorrow.
I pray that you can provide in my life right now in my preparation for the test
and I thank you already for the way you will meet my needs on Thursday.

Father, I pray now that you will guard me as I study to learn more of you
and to retain my knowledge so I can give you more glory through this experience.
I also ask that you will calm my nerves so that I can focus this week on what is more important
and thank you for my wife who is caring for me this week as I study
and help me not to neglect her but give her the due time she needs

Father, thank you for this opportunity and chance to learn
Help me to praise and worship you even through the stress and challenge it is.
Thank you for being in control and running the show
I pray that you will help me to trust you more and more each day

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment