Monday, October 21, 2013

Joy in Your Spouse

Ephesians 5:25, 28 "Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her...In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself."

John Piper pointed out something to me today as I was reading his book "Desiring God" which I was not expecting. Now as I sit next to my beloved watching her favorite show (and a wedding episode to top it off, about finding joy in each other you find joy in life) I find this point to be true.

Piper says, " In other words, husbands should devote the same energy and time and creativity to making their wives happy that they devote naturally to making themselves happy. The result will be that doing this, they will make themselves happy. For he who loves his wife loves himself". In other words if I put all my effort into finding joy in my wife and giving her joy, my life will be joyful and I will be full of joy.

Now I am not saying I am good at this, I will be the first person to say I have a long way to go. But when the focus on my life and pouring it into the joy and life of my beloved, I find the greatest joy and life fulfillment in myself. And on that note I am being called to go pour more joy into my beloved and leave the screen.

Remember pour more joy and love into your spouse and you will find more joy and love in your life and in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment