Friday, October 18, 2013

Better Father

First, thank you everyone who prayed for me yesterday as I took my exam. It went ok. I know I got a questions or two wrong but God will decide if I am meant to pass or not. I will know the results in a few days. 

But, I was reminded today of an important truth and two important lessons for me as a father and son to the King. So I was around my 4 blessing from God today that I call my children. I was around them all day which is 9 hours more than normal. As the day wore on I started to realize I was becoming more fond of and being drawn to my youngest child, Elliana. I was enjoying her more than my other 3 children because she was listening to me better, she was joyful and in a much happier mood, and wanted to be around me. Where as my other 3 children were more irritable, not listening, and just down right full of themselves. Ellie today, I will admit was my favorite child. 

This first reminded me of my perfect Heavenly Father, who is not one to play favorites. Even when I am His child who is cranky and not filled with joy of life, my father still wants to hear from me, be around me, and is still willing to chase me down for a talk. My I am not in a mood to listen to my Father's Word, and obey what He is asking me to do, He still loves me and wants to talk and still be around me. This hit me around 6:30 when Ellie was sitting on my lap, No matter what child I am being to my Father, He is still loving, caring, and not playing favorites. Even when I spit in His face, He still loves me. Praise the LORD, for being a much better, holy, and loving father than I am.

Second, watching Ellie today asked me, am I joyful in life? Seeing her run around the house, play with her siblings, and just plain have some fun, she was filled with laughter and joy. Ellie got knocked over by her sister and started to cry, but after a few minutes she was right back playing with her sister and laughing. Things were being taken from her and she was getting picked on but she continued to be filled with joy.
She challenged me, am I filled with joy? Paul says, "rejoice in the Lord". Am I filled with as much joy in life which brings about forgiveness and love for others. I need to be more like my daughter.

Third, today, specially as I am sitting right now writing, I realized I need to be a better father. I need be a father more like my Heavenly Father in the mood of my youngest daughter. Watching her today forgive her siblings, be full of laughter, and no matter what emotions were around her be joyful and Jesus like, is the father I need to be. No matter what each of my kids are like and what moods they are in, I need to chase them down and love them no matter what. My perfect Father does not show favoritism and loves all of His children equally. I have been challenged to imitate Him more in the mood of my youngest child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment