Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Money and Ministry

So today I am going to try and be a little more open and  honest. Some people might even say I might be about to rant. In most of my previous post, I was more practical in what I was trying to get across. I wanted to connect the Bible to relationship and try and drive myself to be a stronger and deep follower of God and lover of Jesus. But tonight I just want to fire away from the hip and begin maybe a week of doing so about my journey. 

So first when I mean my journey, I am talking about the call of God in my life to serve Him and when I mean serve Him, I mean work in a full time pastoral role. This has been an interesting and exciting journey. I have trusted God each step of the way and He seems to teach me something new everyday. One of the biggest things I am continually learning about is the relationship between my family (my beautiful bride and my lovable and crazy kids) and my future ministry. A discussion I have been reading about over the last few days that has many sides to it is money and a Pastor. How much is to much and how much is not enough for a Pastor. That can be a tough question. This is where I think the relationship between my family and my ministry is important. I believe that my family should and will always come first before my ministry. I will dive into this conviction in my life in the next post but it is what has stemmed me with every decision I have made up to this point in regards to my position in ministry. But when it comes to money, I believe I need to make enough that my family is supported and not hurt by my ministry. This does not mean my family has to live in luxury and have a vacation home with 4 cars and a 4,000 sq/ft house, but what it does mean is my family is taken care of and not in need. The money level in my life and pay for doing God's work must not make my family despise the church and God for the sacrifice but love Jesus even more for the blessing and grace He has give the family for serving Him. This means as I am looking at the ministry God will lead my family in, the level of money that He will provide must be sufficient to support and meet the needs of my family. I have come to follow God's leading in my life by using money to guide me in my search and not have money be the root of evil and despair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment