Saturday, October 12, 2013

Priority Practical

So my last post I talked about making sure my wife (and also kids even though they were not talked about) is put first in my life (she must be after God though) before my ministry as a Pastor. I quoted the Apostle Paul from Ephesians where I stated, "Husband are to love their wives AS Christ loves the church". But what does that mean practically? I mean it is nice to say and tell people I am doing but what does that actually look like?

I am going to try and give a few examples over the next few posts that I have learned from my life and that I hope to get better at each day as God convicts me. I also believe that my wife should come first not only when I am in the formal ministry but she must come first everyday even if I am roofing or working the retail world.

First, she must be a part of my ministry. I must keep her informed in what I am doing, how I am serving, and what God is doing. In the role of a Pastor I am not saying I must tell her every detail (sometimes there must be important info I cannot share) but I must keep her in the loop. My love of my life must know what I am doing for God and not be kept in the dark. She can learn from my experiences in life and get a better understanding of what God is doing through us and me in life and also she can see a new side of God from my interactions in life and ministry.

Another reason I need to keep her involved in what I am doing and how I am serving is she can have a different and sometimes better perspective. God has created men and women equal but different. This difference is very important, so as my wife can see what I am doing and how I am responding in the ministry and even in life, she can have a new perspective. She can challenge me to a different view. She can open me to a new response and when I am interacting with other women she will help me understand them better.

A third reasons for keeping her involved and in the know with what I are doing in ministry (but also life's works now) is it can inspire and strengthen her to serve better to. I have learned that my wife goes where I go. She finds her confidence when I am confident. She learns through me. All this to say when I am serving God and she knows it she to will be inspired to serve God. This means she can either serve God with me in some areas of my life or she can find her place to serve God. Keeping my wife in the know with what I am doing will help her understand where God can use her and help her find her place in serving God.

All this to say today that when my better half knows that she comes first in my life before my ministry (and even now at Lowes) she is going to be more in love with God and inspired to serve Him herself to. Inspire her to serve God, do not make her feel second rate behind the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment