Thursday, February 26, 2015

Ordinary

I have been recently thinking about the ordinary Christian life. Many times we read about the radical Christian life, the missional Christian life, the fulfilled Christian life, or even the emotional Christian life. Ordinary is defined in the dictionary as; to be expected or usual. This got me thinking about my life everyday as a Christian. Here is a list of things that I have come up with that should be a part of ever day, which means this list is things I should expect everyday or should be a usual part of my day as a Christian.

Trust Christ
repent of my sin
read God's Word
abide in Jesus
love God
die to self
take up my cross and follow the Spirit
love my neighbor
proclaim the Gospel to myself along with family, friends, neighbors

Now many times we think of these things as radical for life. While they are radical for the world around us to see, they should not be radical for our lives daily. Radical in the dictionary has extreme in the definition. This list should not be extreme for our lives each day, this list should be expected for our lives each day. That means everyday I should be living the ordinary Christian life at work, at home, with my family, and in my community. Are you an ordinary Christian?

No comments:

Post a Comment