Friday, February 6, 2015

Holiness Code

Today in the Bible reading plan I am going through I got to read more from the holiness code of God. In Leviticus chapters 18-20 I read about who I should not be having sex with and when I break the holiness of God by committing acts of sin, what should happen to me. Knowing the holiness of God and this code, I should be stoned about 50 times already. But for God and His gracious love and His mercy. But what I found interesting in reading the 3 chapters, is in that God's holiness code effects every area of life. Sex, my relationship with my parents, my business practices, how I eat, how my week is organized around the Sabbath, how I manage my house and property, my relationship with my friends and neighbors, my worship back to God, and even the clothes I wear. God's holiness code covered 100% of the Hebrews life BUT IT ALSO COVERS 100% OF OUR LIVES. So that means to obey God is to remember and have His holiness and purity effect ever area of my life. I like the question approach again when I think of the holiness of God effecting my life. So let me ask some question to see and gauge our level of holiness and obedience to God.

What kind of movies and TV shows do you watch and like? are they holy and pleasing to God?
Are you honest with your employer? Do you give him/her your best?
Is your week organized around Sunday worship coming first?
Have you read the Bible and prayed with your spouse and children?
How is your level of lust...do you enjoy looking at others?
How much time do you spend on the internet or your smart phone?
Are you lazy at home or do you provide for your family in all areas?
Is your first reaction prayer?
What sinful/dishonoring to God habits do you have?
When was the last time you found yourself hungry to hear from God?

If your like me, a sinful broken person, you will not be able to answer everyone of these questions with a resounding Yes Jesus I love you all the time. Guess what, you would be stoned too. Praise be for Jesus and His grace for me a broken sinful person. "Be Holy, because I the LORD your God am Holy". Thank you Jesus for being Holy in my place perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment