Monday, February 2, 2015

Beginning of Leviticus

Yesterday and today, in the Bible reading plan, I read through the first 7 chapters of the book of Leviticus. I realized after reading through Genesis (50 chapters) and Exodus (40 chapters) in the first month of the year, Leviticus is going to fly fast. But something big about the nature of God struck me the last 2 days as I read through these 7 chapters.

God is a God of order and organization. God had a plan and will for how He wanted every offering done, even to the point of what to wear when the ashes were moved outside of the fire and camp. This thought gives me a great comfort in the fact God is meticulous with how He does everything and is not random. God has a unique design for how He wants each sacrifice which means God has a unique design for how things are working in the world today. Knowing God is not random and is a God and Father of order is comforting and encouraging because I know then, what happens to me is not merely chance or random actions.

This order and organization of God also challenges me too. It makes me ask do I relate to God then in order? First, is my Sunday morning worship organized and orderly in its worship and response to a God of order? Also, is my life set in a way that is order around the God of order? God wants my entire life to be worshipful. Does my life reflect the order of God always in it or do I live randomly leave what is left for God? and getting to Him what it "falls into place"?

No comments:

Post a Comment