Sunday, May 25, 2014

Truly Amazed

I was reminded today that the teaching time is never about me, my gifts, my persuasion in speech, or my ability to expose a passage. I am very grateful for this because like every person, I have as many good days as I do bad days. Sometimes I go into the teaching time dealing with my own sin, my own challenges, or my own distractions. But I can take confidence in the fact that, the teaching time and getting the message of the Bible does not fall totally on my shoulders. Yes, there is a part I play in teaching the word of God and challenging the faith family, but I only play a part. As I was interacting today with my faith family after the service, I began be reminded that the Holy Spirit takes and plays a bigger part in the message from the Bible. He meets people with the word that they need. He takes my inability or my weakness and overcomes them. And when the Holy Spirit is truly honored and glorified, the teaching time is all about Him. It is truly amazing to me and a great comfort that the Holy Spirit makes it about Himself and uses the Bible and me to get His message across. I can take great comfort and confidence in the work of the Holy Spirit and He gives me courage to know that no matter how I feel about my ability in each teaching time, the Holy Spirit is in control and covers up my service with His grace. I can praise God confidently knowing that the teaching time is all about the Spirit and not about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment