Monday, May 19, 2014

Do you Thirst for God?- some more answers

 What do we mean when we say focus on God. I have come to find what I believe is the clearest picture of focusing on God. It is the first 8 verses of Psalms 63. And here it is

O God, you are my God;
I earnestly search for you.
My soul thirsts for you;
my whole body longs for you
in this parched and weary land
where there is no water.
     I have seen you in your sanctuary
and gazed upon your power and glory.
     Your unfailing love is better than life itself;
how I praise you!
     I will praise you as long as I live,
lifting up my hands to you in prayer.
     You satisfy me more than the richest feast.
I will praise you with songs of joy.
     I lie awake thinking of you,
meditating on you through the night.
     Because you are my helper,
I sing for joy in the shadow of your wings.
     I cling to you;
your strong right hand holds me securely.


I began to read this verse every day in preparation for understanding what it means to focus on God or even better to know God. I believe these verses are the perfect picture in a life that know's God and is continually seeking after Him. To focus on God is to know Him, have a relationship with Him, seek after Him, and ultimately have Him as the greatest treasure in our life. I pray that I can say truly that God is my greatest joy and treasure and that I can echo what the writer of this Psalm is expressing. 



I.    Match the verse with the doctrine it best supports.  Each doctrine from the list will be used only once: providence, atonement, election, justification, immutability, sanctification, inspiration, deity of Christ, Trinity, total depravity
81.    Just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do.- 1 Peter 1:15
82.    God demonstrated his love for us in this, while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.- Romans 5:8
83.    What you meant for evil, God meant for good.-  Genesis 50:20
84.    He chose us in him before the foundation of the world.- Ephesians 1:4
85.    I the Lord do not change.-  Malachi 3:6
86.    Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will not count against him.- Romans 4:8
87.    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. -John 1:1.
88.    Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.- Matthew 28:19
89.    For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.-  2 Peter 1:21
90.    There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God. - Romans 3:10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment