Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day Prayer

Today I wanted to post a Memorial Day prayer of thanksgiving.

Father, thank you for who you are.
Thank you for your provisions for me not only in history but also in this day.
I know that all of the things I have and enjoy are from you.
I know the enjoyment of a holiday and rest comes from you.

Father, Memorial Day and the celebration of America is about you.
I know today that many will not see this day as a gift from you.
I pray that you will continue to remind me that this day of memorial is even about you.
Thank you for the joy and celebration I can have knowing more deeply that today is about you.

Father, thank you for the Courage that you gave humans and mankind.
Thanks you for the courage given me this day to celebrate the gifts from you.
But thank you most for the courage that you gave Jesus.
I know that Jesus gave us the perfect courage as He took my place and gave me the biggest freedom

Lord, the Freedom I have is from you.
I thank you for the freedom I have in America so I can celebrate you better
But again, thank you for the freedom that Jesus gave me from sin
Father, the true freedom I enjoy in my walk with you is a gift given from you, so thank you

Liberty, Lord, is another amazing gift from you.
Thank you for the liberty and enjoyment that it brings on a day of memorial celebration.
But thank you more for the liberating way Jesus frees me and brings me back to you
And Father, the greatest liberty is from you so thank you for this amazing gift

Most important, Father thank you for the Sacrifice
Men have died to give me freedom and liberty and paid the sacrifice for me
Thank you for those men but Lord and Savior, thank you for your greatest sacrifice.
Thank you for your sacrifice of your Son and bringing me right with you.

Father, today is a memorial day of celebration
and I thank you for the gift of America and the Memorial of today
But most important Lord, today is a Memorial of you and Jesus and what you did for me
Thank you Father, for the memorial day and gift of salvation for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment