Monday, March 31, 2014

God is calling us

As I have been reading over my passage for this coming week, I have been praying and reading a lot about God calling His children to certain actions and lifestyle. I find 7 different callings or summons by God from the New Testament that He is desiring people, and more importantly His children, to hear and live by. Here is the list of the 7 callings that God is giving each of us. Read over the list, than read through the passages of the Bible that states the calling of God. The first 2 callings from God I have no problems with and are a great comfort and support to me but it is the last 5 that give me headaches and really challenge me to live a different lifestyle for God. I pray as you read over this list that God will challenge you like He has challenged me just discovering this list.

     the call to salvation ( Rom. 8:30)
     the call to sonship ( 1 John 3:1)
     the call to sanctification ( 1 Thess. 5:23–24)
     the call to service ( Mark 10:43–44)
     the call to separation ( 2 Cor. 6:17–18)
     the call to subjection:
     children to parents ( Eph. 6:1)
     wives to husbands ( Eph. 5:22)
     employees to employers (1 Peter 2:18)
     citizens to government (1 Peter 2:13–14)
     all believers to God ( Rom. 12:1–2)
     the call to suffering (1 Peter 2:21; see Phil. 1:29)




No comments:

Post a Comment