Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The Christmas Prayer

Here is a Christmas Prayer I have been thinking about all day.

Oh Holy Father
What an amazing Father you are.
I could not ask for anything better and you seem to meet my needs even before I tell you
I cannot help but think on a day like this how much an amazing Father you are.
I sit here watching my children, a gift you have given me, open their presents
and I think of your greatest gift, your perfect Son, Jesus, my Savior

I think about Him coming so many years ago as a baby born to this cruel broken world
I thank you for the rescue gift you have given me, in Him
Oh what a perfect gift you have given me that I should never deserve
Thank you for the perfect present that I seem to forget every day.

I cannot help but think of the other gifts you have given me too.
Thank you for the present of a earthly wife who has taught me so much about You and about myself
Thank you for my parents and the gift they have been to me over these 30 years.
Thanks for the gift of an earthly brother who challenges me every day
Thank you for the gift of 4 amazing children who make me laugh ever day
Thank you for my truly powerful friends, Seth, Jesse, Matt, and so many more
Thank you for the present of a  faith family I have that inspires me to grow every week
Thank you for the material blessings that I truly do not deserve
Thank you for the gift of a job I have
Thank you for the gift of 4 grandparents that taught me about You

Father there are so many gifts that you have given me I can not name them all
Oh Father I praise you tonight because of all the gifts You give me
while I still spit right in your face daily as I trudge through this broken and fallen world
Father, thank you for the gift of eternal life so I can spend more time with you
Thank you for the reminders this time of year of your amazing unconditional love

Father help me to tell others more this coming year about your Son born in the manager
Father, help me to glorify you more as I reach those who are lost
Thank you for those who you will bring across my path
and help me to reach them for you

Merry Christmas Holy Father and I praise you for your Son Jesus just like those shepherds did
so many years ago
Jesus, thank you for coming and dealing with that birth in a manger in front of smelly animals
Praise be to God and His son Jesus for this greatest gift
And thank you father for the reminders each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment