Friday, December 6, 2013

Advent #6

For my wife this year for our 10th anniversary I got her a new Christmas book. It is Peace by Dr. Stephen Nichols. Having read through the book I discovered some amazing, thought provoking, and joyful quotes for the advent season. I wanted to share some of them tonight.

To perceive Christmas through its wrapping becomes more difficult with every year. - E. B. White

Jesus, Lord, we look to thee,
On this day of thine own
Nativity; Show thyself the
Prince of Peace; Bid our
jarring conflicts cease.- Charles Wesley

Infinite and an Infant. Eternal, yet born of a women, Oh the wonder of Christmas.- C.H. Spurgeon

Celebrating Advent means being able to wait.- Dietrich Bonhoeffer

I heard the bells on Christmas Day
Their old, familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet
The words repeat
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

The Shepherds sing;
and shall I silent be?
My God, no hymn for thee?- George Herbert

No comments:

Post a Comment