Monday, January 26, 2015

Alone

I find it interesting the feeling of being alone. I am an introvert by personality so I enjoy being alone with a good book or the Bible and a good cup of coffee. Being alone is part of who I am and part of what I enjoy. After being in a crowd of people at any given time, the feeling and relaxation of getting away from it all and being by myself is nice. When I am alone I find peace in my God and the quiet moments to allow the Spirit to convict the things that I need to change. Being alone recharges my batteries and after a quiet spell or two I find that I have the energy and desire to be with others and serve them. Being by myself many times either in the office or even a coffee shop by myself is very comforting.

But at the same time I hate the feeling of being alone. There is being alone but there then is the feeling of you are alone. I hate this feeling. I think the feeling of being alone is a work of my flesh and also the devil. When you get this feeling of being alone the world seems to be against you. You seem to no be able to do anything right. Seems like one problem after another add to the plate of life. When you get the feeling of being alone you feel beat down. Many times this feeling can come when you do things wrong and then they snowball out of control. This feeling can come when other accuse you of false things. This feeling of being alone can come when you do not feel any support. This feeling of being alone drives you to the point sometimes, when you are not careful, to just giving up and being depressed. When you get this feeling of being alone it drives you nuts to be alone. The feeling of being alone sucks.

Now I wish I could say that here are 5 keys to not feel this way. I wish it was as easy, at least in my life, to say do this and you will not feel alone. I always find myself as an equation man, wishing I could do 1+2 and solve the problem. But the feeling of being alone, again from my life, does not go away like that. I find that it takes many many days for this feeling to go away. And it only takes days of Bible reading and prayer that seem to change the feeling. I know I am not alone. I know I have a Savior who will always love and is right next to me. I know I have the power of the Spirit in my life. Knowing though does not always change the feeling. Yes, there is hope. My God will supply all my needs as I try to follow His will. So God will lift this feeling from me as I rejoice in Him. Remember that God commanded us to Rejoice and enjoy Him always no matter what the feeling. So the hope I have is the more I try to enjoy God the more the feeling will go away. But we live in a broken world with a broken self and broken others so it takes time. I just hope in the fact that one day in the next few God will help lift the feeling and one day the feeling of being alone will never be there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment