Thursday, November 7, 2013

Souls

So as I have thought about the battle ground of the life of the lover of Jesus, I thought of another struggle I have sometimes. That struggle would be seeing other people as souls. Another way to put this is to see others as Jesus sees them.

This struggle kicks me in the butt so many times, especially when the person I am looking at is either someone I do not like or get along with or is someone who I realize is not a believer in God but I enjoy spending time with. I have to keep reminding myself when I am with either type of person that God loves that person for his or her soul and would in His desire see that person love Him back. This means if I truly love Jesus the way I claim I do, I must pursue that person no matter what it costs me for their soul. I must love that person for their very essence, which is a created being designed to worship and praise God.

That means this person is not their for me to dislike or treat how I want , but to treat them and love them for their soul. To many times I find myself loosing the battle and forgetting about the soul and eternity of the person I am dealing with. I pray as God grows me and I chase after Him, this is a battle and a strong reminder that I need. People are souls and those who do not know the forgiveness of God and love of Jesus will spend, with their soul, and eternity away from God, because I forgot about their soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment