Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Bad Day

So it has been one of those days. You know the type of day when nothing goes your way. The day when it seem everyone is out to get you. The type of day when the breaks do not go in your favor. The day when every time you turn around someone else is mad or there is something else to fix. The day when you are late for work and projects all come due ahead of schedule. The type of day when you keep sinning and keep fighting in vain. You know the type of day when you want to just crawl back in bed and either start over or skip to tomorrow. We have all had those days and for some people they seem to be more often then others. Well today I had one of those days. Glad to say I am writing this at 930 at night so the day is almost over.

I needed to listen to another lecture tonight for class and it was not really what I wanted to do after the day I had, but my determination or the stubborn part of me made the rest of me listen to 60 minutes of the Professor talk about 1 Corinthians. Boy was I glad God led me there.

1 Corinthians 15:19 says, "If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are to be pitied more than all men".

Wow, that is exactly what I need to hear. This verse is in the middle of Paul's talk about the resurrection and the hope we as lovers of Jesus should have in that. That is exactly what I need to hear on days when all hope in that day seems lost. If I only have hope in what Christ can do in today, this life, and not in the future, I should be pitied most of all by men. That is music to my ear after a day that could be called a bad day. Christ is the hope for the future and the hope in the resurrection to a time when bad days do not happen anymore. Yes, Christ can give us hope for today, but it is a hope for today that is looking toward the hope of a better day to come. I can hope in Christ in that someday I will no longer have bad days. Amen

So next time I am having a bad day and I know that even at lunch time the day could get worse, I can still have hope in the future of a resurrected life with no more bad days. In the middle of my next bad day I can hope in the future good days in Christ. Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment