Saturday, July 5, 2014

Independence Day Prayer

Here is an Independence Day Prayer that has been flowing though my head all weekend.

Father, thank you for freedom.
Thank you for the freedom I have to worship and praise you
Thanks you for the freedom you have given this country of mine
Thanks for the freedom this country gives me to openly praise you.

Father, thank you for Your freedom
Thank you for being a free being who is not limited
Thanks you for your freedom not to be held down by human minds
Thank you for your freedom not to be limited to space or time
Thanks for your freedom not to be ruled by any being
I know your freedom is a gift to me because
Because your freedom is the reason I have grace and mercy
You having freedom to give me the grace I do not deserve
And the mercy to give me what I do deserve.
Father, thank you for being the most free being ever.

Father, thank you for the freedom I have to know this and so much more about You
thanks for the freedom to gather with my faith family publicly
thanks for the freedom to pray to you in public places
thanks for the freedom I have to carry Your Word
and thanks for the freedom I have to lead your flock as the church.

Father, thanks for the celebration of this free Independence day 
and all that it teaches me about you and other freedom
Lead me to never take it for granted 
and Father, help me never to take your freedom spiritual for granted
my spiritual freedom is the greatest gift you have ever given me Lord
help me on this Independence Day, to use my spiritual freedom
as a gift to tell other. 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment