Thursday, June 12, 2014

Quotable Friday on a Thursday

I have been reading a great book this week for one of my Master's classes. The book is by R. Paul Stevens and it is entitled Liberating the Laity; Equipping All the Saints for Ministry. This book as challenged me, made me think, and really given me some great pointers as I start to learn what it means each day as a "little" shepherd under Jesus. I would like to share some of my favorite quotes from the book over the next 2 days and will pick back on the themes of the church on Saturday.

God does not have a wonderful plan for your life. He has something far better; a wonderful purpose.

Every educator knows that learning takes place the best at the moment a question is asked.

Unless we equip the laity to live all of life for God, Christianity will degenerate into mere religion.

Simply put, vocation or calling (they are the same concept) is what you do with who you are in Christ.

The church as the body of Christ should communicate that every member is interrelated to other members and indispensable.

Often the problem is that while we say Christ is the King of the church, we treat him, like the Queen of England, as a figurehead, a constitutional monarch who reigns but does not rule.

God sovereignty over all of life means, first, that your life is divinely ordained and significant.

No comments:

Post a Comment