Sunday, August 31, 2014

Labor Day Prayer

Father, I thank you for Labor Day
I thank you for the chance to rest from my labor
I know the job I enjoy only comes from you.
I know the energy I have and ability to get up and go about my work comes from you.
And father, even the moments I do not enjoy so much at work comes because you allow it.

Father, today I pray that you will give me more energy to serve and labor for you.
I pray that I will enjoy my labor for you.
I pray that I will work harder for your service and in love.
I pray that I will find joy even in the minuscule tasks that you give me
And Father, I pray that I will labor well for you.

Father, you have designed rest for a reason
I pray that I will continue to work hard and labor for you
But I also pray that I will learn to rest well and enjoy time with you
So I pray that today, on Labor Day, I can rest well and enjoy time with you and your blessings
But I pray, Father, that tomorrow, I will begin to labor some more and with new energy in your work
Thanks Lord, for a blessed Labor Day

No comments:

Post a Comment