Monday, September 3, 2018

A Labor Day prayer

Lord, this is another day, like the day before it and the day after it.
But my calendar tells me today is a day to celebrate those who work hard.
Father I thank you that you have given me the strength to work;
Thank you for the energy and power that your grace has shown me to get up each day;
Thank you for providing employment now and in the past for me;
And Father, I know you will provide places to support my life and family in the years ahead,
So God, thank you for the blessing you have given me to work for your glory.

Lord, but I stop today and thank you for those other who work hard.
Thank you for those who work hard to keep my life safe.
God, thank you for the police and firefighters who keep my life safe at home
Thank you for those across the seas, in the military who keep my life safe abroad.
God, thank you for those who work in the medical fields and the manufacturing fields,
who help me to stay warm and keep me healthy
Thank you Lord for those who work hard in the construction and industrial fields;
And God thank you for those who make my life comfortable,
like those in the entertainment industry, like news people and actors.
God, I praise your name for all those who work hard around me in your goodness

God on this Labor day, I thank you for those who labor well for you;
I praise you for those who labor for you in churches, for the Pastors and Elders,
For those who labor well around the world as missionaries, in foreign places
And for those who labor well by volunteering in your faith communities, here at home.
And I ask, that as a laborer for you God, in the Spirit,
Help me to labor well for your glory;
So that many lives will be touched for all eternity

In your goodness, Lord, I pray today that I will continue to work for your glory.
Father, I pray that you will give me the strength to wake tomorrow and work hard for you,
Praying that you will show me grace to desire to work hard for you.
I pray that you give me the power to drive through the pain and sweat for your glory.
God, on this Labor day, I am asking for more of your goodness so I can be a light,
A light for your love, grace, holiness, comfort, and goodness
In the years ahead Lord, I pray that you will show your favor upon me,
Showing your favor so I can work and labor well for the spread of the Gospel

On this Labor day, Father make me a laborer for you,
A laborer who shines light and love so that others can see your glory and work for them
I thank you for this Labor day celebration, Father
In the name of Jesus, the perfect Laborer, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment