Thursday, January 5, 2017

Purpose Statement

Have you ever written a purpose statement? Some of us have written purpose statements for a business we were a part of, a church we were in leadership in, or a organization that we were steering. But have you ever written a purpose statement for your life? Each January, I sit down, very early in the month, and write out a purpose statement for the year ahead. I try to think of my goals for the year, things I want to accomplish in my life, and relationships I have that I want to impact. So at the beginning of every year, for at least the last 5, I have set out on the journey of the new year, with a statement that I have written, that gives me a razor focus for the weeks and months ahead.

But one thing that always informs my yearly purpose statement, is my life purpose statement. 6 years ago, a friend challenged me to write out, not only my testimony of salvation, but also a purpose statement for my life in response to God's salvation of me. So as part of my yearly purpose thoughts, I read over and pray about my life purpose. Some years I have tweaked my life's purpose and other years, the life purpose, informs my year ahead. So the question still remains, have you written out a life purpose statement or even a year purpose statement?

Here is my life purpose statement...

To raise the supremacy of God with my life, I will give Him my talents, passions, gifts, and desire, to inspire those in His kingdom to live lives in tune with His Word and lives of holiness and seek to show His grace and compassion to the sinful world, so that more people will be drawn to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment